|TRes||20 to drop|
|PRes||20 to buy|
|Damage|| vs structures: 7 (7.7/8.4/9.1)
vs players: 10.5 (11.55/12.6/13.65)
|Type||Puncture (150% versus Players)|
|Fire Rate||1 round per 0.055 seconds|
|Reload Speed||3.5 seconds|
The Machine Gun is a fast firing primary weapon that deals extra damage against players. It holds 100 rounds in each magazine and a Marine can carry a maximum of 4 extra magazines, making for a total ammo pool of 500 rounds. The Machine gun has a spread of 4 radians. The Machine Gun has a weight of 0.18, which is more than the Grenade Launcher and highest of all weapons. The Machine Gun slows down movement speed for Marines the most.
|Info: Running with a Machine Gun in the inventory and a Pistol in hand is just as fast as running with an Assault Rifle in hand.|
The Machine Gun is also a support weapon made to provide a covering fire for teammates. It's an heavy weapon, it takes a long time to reload, and is pretty bad in close combat compared to the shotgun.
Think about it like a static and mounted heavy gun above the ground. It's best usage is by covering people in front of it and by staying behind.
- Stay behind your team mates, your mission is to keep them alive. A shotgun will be way better for the front job.
- Don't shoot unless an alien is going to bite a team mate. You are not holding a rifle and each time you take the risk to reload, that's a window of time you are not capable of proving the cover you are supposed to.
- Overall, only reload if you have less than 40 bullets left (+10 pistol shots), 25 bullets are enough to kill a skulk or even two. Same as above, the more you reload the less you are capable of defending your teammates.
- Don't shoot RTs, Cysts or buildings. You are supposed to protect shotgunners at the front against skulks and lifeforms.
- Pairing with a jetpack can increase your survivability with this weapon, enabling you to dodge and retreat from combat to reload.
- Do not shoot aliens on sight
- Do not Reload when you are at 90/100 bullets (leading to you reloading 80% of the time)
- Do not be the first pushing the front line, and dying because you are spraying all your bullets in close combat.
- Do not shoot buildings, it doesn't deal much damages and will lead you to certainly die before the end of your first reload.
There are currently 5 variations of the Machine Gun skin available for use by TSF Marines.
|Info: • Not all variants are available for purchase.
• Skins are purely cosmetic and offer no augmented or additional stats in-game.
|Camouflage variants & availability|
|Normal||Default Armor.||Provided with game.||Comes with the base game.|
|Forge||Black and red with orange highlights.||Can be bought in the Customization Screen in-game.||Released with the Forge Pack DLC as part of the NS2 5 year anniversary update (Build 319), and completed with the Merry Gorgemas! update (Build 336).|
|Kodiak||Green jungle camouflage.||Can be bought in the Customization Screen in-game.||Released with the Kodiak update, and completed with the Merry Gorgemas! update (Build 336).|
|Sandstorm||Black and gold with red highlights||Can be bought in the Customization Screen in-game.||Released with the Catalyst update (Build 324).|
|Tundra||White and blue design.||Can be bought in the Customization Screen in-game.||Released with the Tundra update (Build 285), and completed with the Merry Gorgemas! update (Build 336).|
Mine • Shotgun • Welder • Hand Grenades • Grenade Launcher • Flamethrower • Machine Gun • Jetpack • Exosuit
Ammo Pack • Med Pack • Scan • Nano Shield • Power Surge • Catalyst Pack • Distress Beacon • Recycle
Sentry • Sentry Battery • Observatory • Phase Gate • Prototype Lab