|"Our base is under attack! Phase through!"|
| Team Resources
|Abilities and Upgrades|
Teleport Marine, Recycle
Observatory, Phase Tech
|Build Time:||12 seconds|
|Builds From:||Marine Commander|
|Buy From:||Advanced Tab|
When powered, the teleportation system becomes active once two or more Phase Gates are built and powered at anywhere on the map. Marines can move through the portal to instantly travel to another Phase Gate. However, robotic units such as the MAC, ARC, and Exosuit cannot phase through.
Marines will be teleported in a sequence of Phase Gates constructed, from the oldest to newest. The Commander can recycle Phase Gates or reverse the direction of travel as needed.
|Enables the purchase of Phase Gates.|
|Research Time||45 seconds|
|Instantly teleports a Marine to the next active Phase Gate. Each player has a small delay before phasing again.|
|Requires||Power, 2 or more Phase Gates|
Reverse Phase Gate
- The Phase Gate is vital for bringing reinforcements to a contested area.
- Kharaa lifeforms will often target Phase Gates in Marine-held territory as the first priority. Without the Phase Gate, reinforcements cannot return to the area quickly.
- The optimal number of Phase Gates is usually said to be three. Fewer and you lose the entire map as soon as one goes down; more and it takes Marines too long to cycle through all back to base.
- If you advance a Phase Gate, do not recycle the old one before the new one is operational.
- Phase Gate positioning as a Marine Commander:
- try to place the Phase Gate where it can be covered from all entrances of a room.
- try not to place Phase Gates against a wall; when the Aliens surround a Phase Gate any Marines phasing through will be trapped (against a wall and the lifeforms). This is referred to as a "meat grinder". Any phasing Marine is likely to be killed instantly.
- When placing Phase Gates, position it where Gorges must become exposed to use Bile Bomb.
- For this reason, around a corner is not advised because Bile Bomb explodes on impact, causing splash damage to nearby Frontiersmen units and structures.
- For the same reason, placing a Phase Gate near a high ventilation shaft is also ill-advised.
Mine • Shotgun • Welder • Hand Grenades • Grenade Launcher • Flamethrower • Machine Gun • Jetpack • Exosuit
Ammo Pack • Med Pack • Scan • Nano Shield • Power Surge • Catalyst Pack • Distress Beacon • Recycle
Sentry • Sentry Battery • Observatory • Phase Gate • Prototype Lab